They're everywhere! From playrooms to nurseries, we keep seeing black wall decals appearing on kids rooms all over. They are affordable, renter-friendly, versatile and chic. Interested in following suit? Click through for a few tips on how these Moms and Dads used black wall decals with style.
1. First up, go geometric. Not just any black wall decal will do. Stick to a simple geometric shape for a modern look.
2. Use black and white elsewhere in the room. All of these rooms tie the wall pattern in elsewhere - perhaps in the bedding, the rug, the wall art. Black decals on white won't dominate the room if they are also used somewhere else.
3. Use naturals to soften the look. Black and white together can be harsh on their own. Incorporate natural wood, woven baskets, wool blankets...Flynn's room even used a brown cardboard fake taxidermy to break up the contrast. Awesome!
4. Put a bold color against it for a bright pop! Every single one of these rooms takes a bright, solid, gem-type color to liven up the space. Flynn's room has a green arc lamp, Arden's room has a hot pink dog lamp, Baby Capton's room has a red rocking horse, Addison's room has a watermelon pink painted bed, and Jack's room uses a spring green bedside table.
- Jack's Modern Adventurous Abode
- Arden's Black & White Wonderland
- Baby Capton's Captivating Nursery
- Addison's White & Bright Charmer
- Flynn's Modern Toddler Upgrade
Like the trend? Here are a few sources to check out:
Could this be the beginning of a chic new makeover for your kid's space on the cheap?
(Image credits: Ginny Chase; Reichel Broussard/Copy Cat ChicReichel Broussard/Copy Cat Chic; Krista C.; Amy Bell)