I love home tours of small spaces. With a little creativity, you can can do so much with so little. My wife and I have lived together in 450 sq/ft of space, 700 sq/ft, and currently inhabit a massive 1,000 sq/ft home. In our next move, we plan to downsize so it's inspiring to see so many great ideas for small spaces. The best home tour can provide you with a hundred ideas, along with the authenticity and intimacy gained by seeing where real people live.
My Favorite Posts from Re-Nest
- Matthew and Emma's Eco Environment: The green walls are a post in themselves. Add to that the gorgeous custom cabinets, glass tile back splash and exposed brick walls, and you've got a winner.
- Green Style: Teeny Tiny Luxury Tree House: If I could live in a tree, I would. This modern tree house is beautiful, sustainable and has an outdoor shower.
- Nick and Rachel's Creative Warehouse Loft: Exposed wooden beams, high ceilings, amazing lighting and great bikes make this loft really shine.
- How Owning 160 White Plates Has Saved Us Money: I saw this post just months after our wedding having just rented over a hundred plates for $1 each. I love plain white plates to begin with but utilizing them as Sarah has is an amazing idea.
- DIY Artwork: Frame an Everyday Object: I've never been able to put anything other than photos in a frame. These DIY artwork ideas might just change that. Some day.
- 11 Hideaway Storage Ideas for Small Spaces: Some of these hidden storage ideas blow my mind. I want them all in my own home, which I want to be a boat (or a tree).
- How to Make Modern Cement Planters Using Packaging: Sure, the greenness of cement is really questionable but the beauty of this DIY planter is not. It's a great design, easy to make yourself and should last a lifetime.
- 49 Creative Reuse Ideas That Will Inspire & Surprise You: The title says it all. Plenty of ideas to gleen for inspiration!
- How To Plant and Keep an Indoor Lemon Tree: Indoor citrus trees just make sense: they look great, don't often loose their leaves, citrus smells wonderful, and then the obvious benefits of fruit.
- Small Spaces and Teeny-Tiny Homes All Under 400 Sq. Feet: This post isn't new this year but it was republished because it deserves to live on forever. The ultimate list of small space tours, full of inspiration and drool worthy photos.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)