- Chicago, IL
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- My roommate Marie and I love the bright and open feeling of our cozy apartment. Our apartment is a blank canvas with white walls and polished wood flooring, which allows us to showcase our individual approaches to decorating with color. My favorite part of our apartment is the spacious and clean kitchen. Marie loves the archway leading into our brightly lit sunroom.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Think about storage spaces creatively. For example, use stacking shelves on a closet shelf to maximize vertical space and organization. If your dresser has legs, store shoes or slim boxes underneath it.
2. Combine individual styles to create a cohesive home. We each contributed half of the pieces on our gallery walls and worked to make them fit together. Now we can't imagine them without each other!
3. Carve out spaces with specific purposes. By creating our separate desk areas, bedrooms we love, and a large, shared living room, we have put together individual and communal spaces.