I don't know about you, even though Halloween isn't my favorite holiday, it is my favorite holiday for parties! Interactive and silly or elegant and spooky, Halloween parties can go in so many different directions — it's a party planner's dream.
Ever since my first Halloween party when I dressed as a globe and gave out 1980's troll dolls as party favors (yuck!), I've been collecting ideas here and there for the perfect Halloween soiree. Here are a few of my favorites.
1. How stylish are these chevron pumpkins! I love these geometrically painted pumpkins, especially in a pretty cluster in the foyer of your home or apartment. What an inviting way to set the tone for a modern Halloween party. From Country Living.
2. Caramel apple sundaes? Yes, please! Top off your party with a festive treat. Here's a quick hint of my own: sprinkle some gray salt on top — perfection! From Martha Stewart.
3. Another great pumpkin decorating idea from Country Living: carve pumpkins in the shape of a wood-burning fire, and place them inside of an empty fireplace: lovely and clever. Add a few candles for effect, but be careful of long, wispy Halloween costumes!
4. No bones about it! Check out these great bone cookie and glittery blood Halloween party invitations from Design Sponge. I never though bones could look so tasty…
5. For the crafty among us, these embroidered pumpkins could make a party in themselves. Gather some friends and follow instructions at Green Eyed to have a good old fashioned "stitch n' bitch," Halloween style.
(Images as linked above)