- Start with a clean and decluttered space: Whether it's a new space or a reinvigorated space, make sure it's clean and free of clutter so that the energy can move freely around.
- Consider your intentions for your new home: What would you like to accomplish while you are living here? Perhaps you'd like to start a family, build your career, or lead a more balanced life. Whatever your wishes are, say them out loud as if they are happening in the present as you move from room to room. You can even have a different wish for each room.
- Ring a small bell in each room: Let it ring until the sound dies down. No bell? Clap your hands briskly.
- Burn sage: Sage has a long history of getting rid of old energies. Let the smoke waft through each room.
- Catch the old energy: Some people place small piles or bowls of sea salt in each corner to help corral the old energy. Let the salt sit for 24 hours and then dispose of it.
- Burn cedar: Cedar is said to usher in new and buoyant energy. Lavender is another option. (If you can't find sage or cedar locally — Whole Foods is one source — you can purchase them by on Amazon)
- Let the energy circulate: Fling open the windows, turn on the fans, and let the sunlight flood your home as much as possible. Added bonus: it'll clear out the smoke you just created!
- Place some Hematite in each corner: Its properties are said to help ground your space and protect you.
What are your rituals in a new home? Image: Harriet's Nature Inspired, Designer High Rise