Eyebombing is definitely goofy and potentially creepy, which makes it an especially good candidate for Halloween decorations and for surprising people this season. Not that you should limit yourself during the rest of the year, because it's easy and the opportunities are endless. By all means, carry some eyeballs around in your back pocket, and use as inspiration strikes.
Here are just a few funny examples, and some ways to make your own eyeballs.
1. Photographs are instantly scarier when their eyes follow you around the room. Recreate this photo from All Googly
using self-adhesive googly eyes from the craft store, and then revisit your family photo albums in secret.
2. Walking down a dark street will never be the same after you've come across one of these peering at you, all thanks to Eyebombing
. You can buy really large googly eyes, or Maker Mama
shares how to make some from thrifted clocks.
3. German artist Tim Schneider
used painted styrofoam balls as eyeballs, and planted them surreptitiously throughout the city with hilarious results.
4. As if some dolls weren't weird or creepy enough, I give you this from All Googly
5. No image is ever safe again when there are googly eye push pins. These were from Urban Outfitters, and are still available through Amazon
, but could easily be made by gluing googly eyes onto some standard thumbtacks.
6. A large yoga ball
, painted to look like an eyeball, makes for a mean adversary in a staring contest. Imagine this in your yard, ready and waiting for eager trick or treaters. Spotted on Sweater Surgery
7. Similarly, white beach balls with painted on pupils became Halloween decorations for Anna's tree
last year. From The Princess and the Frog.
9. Draw up some quick paper versions and stick them on a tree as you walk by, like these seen on Pepita
10. And don't forget to watch what you eat and drink around the holidays, because it watches you too. Via All Googly
(Images: as linked above)