Tuck-In Pillowcases

We've also seen them called European pillowcases, envelope pillowcases. Whatever the name, we just know we like them so much better than the open-ended variety...

Instead of being exposed at the end (like most pillowcases in the US), European pillowcases cover the end of the pillow. An approximately 9-inch flap wraps into the case, holding the pillow in place and neatly covering the end. They're easy to make, as Sarah shows us here.

Pin it button big
European pillowcases from Dreams.co.uk

Do you prefer "American"- or "European"- style pillowcases? What are your sources for your favorites?

You Might Also Like

Promoted Stories



Regina is an architect who lives with her husband and children in Lawrence, KS. As a LEED Accredited Professional and longtime contributor to Apartment Therapy and The Kitchn, her focus is on healthy, sustainable living through design.