1. Find an unused CD spindle case — the bigger the better.
2. Cut off the central column. If it leaves a hole, make sure you seal it up.
3. Drill a few holes in the top of the lid for ventilation.
4. Find a small pot that will fit easily in the base.
5. Add compost, seeds and water.
We love this DIY project for several reasons: it gives us a reason to repurpose our old CD spindles instead of throwing them into the recycling bin and it's also an extremely easy way to grow our own herbs on our desk! Also, if you have kids, this is a great idea for a school project just like Atomic Shrimp showed us.
More DIY Repurpose Projects On Unplggd
• Get Creative: Repurpose Your Old Tech
• Repurpose Your Camera Strap to Turn Your Shooter Into a Work of Art
• Old Nightstand Repurposed Into a Super Cool Desk
[via Atomic Shrimp]