What you'll need:
- An expired plastic credit card or membership card.
- Utility or X-acto Knife (heavy duty)
- Electric drill with drill bit
- Cutting board
- Level smooth surface
- Find an old, expired (or new if you want but we wouldn't recommend this) credit card.
- Use a utility knife to cut a trapezoid into the two long sides of the credit card. These cuts should ideally start after the corner's radius as to avoid sharp corners.
- Use a drill and a drill bit to make two holes in the credit card at one of the short ends. This is where the earbuds will go. The size of the hole will depend on the particular set of earbuds. Generally 3/8" to 1/2" will work well.
- With the utility knife, cut a line from each hole to the outside edge. This will be used for sliding the earbuds and their cord into the hole.
- Use a slightly smaller bit (again this depends on the individual earbuds, but 1/4" generally works) to make a hole in the opposite end of the card. This will be where the earbud plug will go.
- Cut a thin (about the thickness of the wire) channel from the bottom edge of the card to hole for the plug.
That is it. After this simple 6 step process, you will have found a great way to recycle your old credit cards!
- Nixon to NuForce: Wrap Around Earbuds
- The Best in Headphones and Earbuds
- Best Earbuds for Small Ears
- $7.50 DIY Custom Fit Earbuds
(Design by Andrew Camardella)