We're wondering: would dashes of turquoise (Pantone's 2010 color) work in our home? Yes, it's trendy, but that's part of the fun of decorating — playing with the trends and finding what works for a time and what works for a lifetime.
Our decorating scheme is currently a base of neutrals (taupe, white, cream, brown, black, white), with pops of orange and a few accent blues. So turquoise might work, especially in the summer.
• 1 Henley pillow in Peacock, $24.95 at Crate and Barrel
• 2 Turquoise foo dogs, $170 from Pieces
• 3 Evelyn vase in turquoise, $21.95 from Crate and Barrel
• 4 Moroccan pouf in turquoise, $285 from John Derian Company Inc.
• 6 Stretch vase, in tall blue, $29.95 from CB2
• 7 Old Hickory Tannery Recamier sofa, $2,999 from Horchow
• 8 Cayman little plate, $0.05 from CB2
• 9 Moroccan pillows, oblong or round in turquoise, $60-$160 from Horchow
• 10 Candle holder in Cabo, $40, from GlassyBaby