I always look forward to escaping the Missouri heat and humidity by heading back home to Vermont in the summer. There's nothing I'd rather do than tube down our clear (cold!) rivers, eat real maple creemies, and hike in the woods.
As much as I love my hometown state, I've never fully embraced traditional Vermont interior design. It's always bent a tad too stuffy and/or country for my taste. My perfect getaway in Vermont would certainly have classic elements, like a wood burning stove and white wood panelling. But it would also have more modern lines, an updated color palette, and hopefully a sense of humor. Oh, and cheese. Lots and lots of cheese.
1. Paper Quilt Collage by Lena Wolff
2. Architecture bed from Room & Board
3. Portrait of a gentleman from eBay
4. Black Bear stove from Jøtul
5. Stripe cotton rug from Dash & Albert
6. Raspberry velvet sofa from Graham & Green
7. End grain table from Peter Sandback
8. Constant Bliss cheese from the Cellars at Jasper Hill
9. White paneled walls
(Images: as credited above)