Bedside lamps or sconces are the norm in most homes, but space constraints or a flair for drama might lead someone to take a different approach. Here are ten bedrooms that where the "mood lighting" is tasteful, unique, and inspiring.
- Liz's bedroom uses globe lights clustered in a corner to add an ethereal quality to the bedroom.
- Lighting doubles as artwork over the bed in a North London home.
- A bedroom in Tyler and Sarah's home repurposes Christmas decorations as out-of-the-ordinary lighting.
- In Sam's Sydney home, Tom Dixon's red Jack Light rests on the floor.
- A corner pendant in Genevieve and Maxwell's home provides reading light in a small space.
- In a Boston home, two simple modern pendants complement the artwork over the bed.
- A DIY glowing headboard is easy to achieve with rope light and a staple gun.
- In a tiny apartment, back-lit storage that surrounds the bed makes the room feel larger.
- A multi-colored chandelier kicks up the style a notch in a traditional home.
- Two bedside chandeliers add luxury and reading light in Suzi's Columbus Condo.
Photos: Liz Fabry (1), Kristin Hohenadel (2), Tanya Lacourse (3), Sam (4), Laure Joliet (5), Wes and Kayla Schwartz (6), Wes and Kayla Schwartz (7), Jill Slater (8), Bethany Nauert (9), Jennifer Wray (10)