Consider these bold beauties for your next upholstery project. While solids and small patterns are always safe, why not make a smashing statement with that granny chair?
Though there are no hard and fast rules, your upholsterer can guide you on fabric weight, durability, pattern matching and other tricks of the trade. Play with color, scale, piping, one-off fabrics and pattern mixing. Or take it from ho-hum to haute by simply changing the direction of a stripe.
1. Mudcloth Armchair, courtesy Elizabeth Roberts Architecture
2. Dromedary Sofa, John Robshaw
3. Louis XV Embroidered Chair & Stool, Dransfield & Ross
4. Dusk Poppy Hable Construction fabric on antique arm chair, Chairloom
5. Josef Wingback Chair, $1,698 at Anthropologie