I want to preface this post by saying this: Yes, I am aware that followers of feng shui say that storing anything under your bed is a bad idea. But let's face it, folks. If you're trying to fit everything into a small space, it would be a shame to waste all that area under the bed. With that in mind, I've rounded up a handful of underbed storage options, along with some tips, tricks and DIY projects.
- Long Underbed Box with Wheels from Container Store $22.99
- Java Jumbo Underbed Bags 2-Pack from Dormco $8.54
- DILLING Storage Box from IKEA $14.99
- My Closet Underbed Storage Bin from One Step Ahead $10.95
- Sterilite 4-pk. Under-Bed Storage Boxes from Target $79.98
- Buff Blanket Bag from Crate & Barrel $15.95
- Under Bed Storage Box from The Company Store $79
- Underbed Chest from Storables $10.95
- Bankers Box Underbed Storage Box from Amazon $22.99
- P'kolino Play Kit Storage Bin from Bed Bath & Beyond $27.99
- Store items you won't frequently access (extra blankets, off-season clothing) in closed containers. This will keep dust and sleepy pets off of your soft goods.
- If you plan to use your underbed storage on a daily basis, choose containers with caster and easy open lids.
- If the space under your bed looks crowded, add a bed skirt to disguise your mess.
- On the flip side, if you plan to leave the space under your bed visible, choose containers that match and are a higher quality material, like options 8 and 9 above.
- DIY Underbed Storage from Home Happy Home - Painted cardboard creates underbed storage boxes that look good enough to be on display.
- Handmade: Cedar-Lined Under-Bed Storage Box from DIY Life - It takes some mad skills, but this storage box is lovely.
- Underbed Storage Drawers How-To from WoodGears - Again with the mad skills, but a wood underbed storage seems so much nicer than plastic.
- DIY Under-bed Storage from Melancholy Smile - By adding casters to old drawers you can get the look of the previously mentioned wooden boxes with a fraction of the effort.
- Build an Under Bed Storage Box from Apartment Therapy via The Family Handyman - Although this colorful box is shown as a toy box, it would be perfect for bedding, shoes or just about anything else.
(Images: As credited above.)