One of the nice things about bedside tables is that they have a small footprint. They also serve just a couple of functions. In general, they need space for an alarm clock, a lamp, and a book. Because their form and function is minimal, there are a lot of possibilities for bedside tables, including unexpected options like low stools or a stack of vintage suitcases.
A few suggestions for unexpected bedside tables with a small footprint:
• Prince Aha Stool by Philippe Starck (with storage inside), $87 at DWR
• Bed Tray from CB2 (next to a low platform bed), $29.95
• Stacked Strawberry Suitcases from Paper Source, $12.50 each
• Emeco Stool (next to a modern bed), $260
• Hancock Shaker Step Stool (for a high bed), $265 at Shaker Workshop
Other ideas for unexpected bedside tables?