Re-upholstering furniture is a great way to customize your home, and allows you to reuse old pieces. If you want to take the idea of customization one step further, we've seen some interesting approaches that you definitely won't see in everyone else's home...
- 1) Spruce Home's Constellation Wingback ($2,000) is decorated with individually sewn circles of white felt.
- 2) We love the contrasting edging on this pair of vintage chairs ($500 each) from Fabulous Pieces.
- 3) The Miss Anne Chair (£950.00) from Ghost Furniture is upholstered in a velvet riding jacket.
- 4) Matali Crasset's Edra cushions are made from simple foam stuffing inside reusable shopping bags.
- 5) This sofa from Maison Luxe ($5,500) pairs several beautifully contrasting fabrics.
For instructions on how to start your own upholstery projects, see Shelly's how-to posts from Apartment Therapy's archives.
• How To: Make Your Own Moroccan Pouf
• How To: Repurpose Old Sweaters Into Chair Covers
• How To: Make Your Own Knitted Pouf
• What's a Good Green Upholstery Foam?
Posted originally from: AT:Chicago