I can't believe it, but I've already received four holiday cards in the mail. It's making me a tad nervous, seeing as how I haven't even thought about ordering yet. In my frenzy, though, I've come across some unusual ideas for family holiday cards this season and I've gathered a few of the best here.Most of the cards I receive are the traditional photo card with generic holiday greeting. But every once in a while I get a card that wows me. Check out these ideas and see if they inspire you to send something more unusual this year.
1. Ornament Portrait Card at Dirty Diaper Laundry: Kim shows you how to take this cute photo and then how to add some details to the printed card with a sewing machine.
2. Year In Review Card from Mixbook: If you want to avoid writing the dreaded holiday letter, this card gets your info across in an aesthetically pleasing way.
3. Holiday Cookie Boxes from Not Your Momma's Cookie: Ok, certainly you aren't going to send one of these to everyone on your mailing list, unless you are some kind of Martha Stewart on Ritalin. But for close friends and family, these cookie "cards" are thoughtful and stunning.
4. Peanuts Inspired Holiday Card from Etsy shop Picture Yourself: Charlie Brown laments, "Isn't there anyone who knows what Christmas is about?" Show your friends you do by turning your family into the Peanuts gang. That's what he meant, right?
5. Mad Libs Inspired Card from Etsy shop Blush Notes: Who doesn't love Mad Libs? Fill these in yourself, or leave it to your addressee to have the fun.
What kind of holiday card will you send this season?
MORE HOLIDAY CARDS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Top 10 Traditional Holiday Cards
• Tis the Season: Create Holiday Cards on Your Tablet
• Top 10: Holiday Letterpress Card Companies