When it comes to seating arrangements for a wedding ceremony and reception, it's often hard to see beyond the boxy shape and size of your venue. But instead of doing the usual thing — long rows of Chiavari chairs, or 10-person round or rectangular tables — consider these unusual and out-of-the-box ideas.
1. This circular ceremony from Green Wedding Shoes (photographed by Images by Lori) perfectly complements the intimate and casual vibe at a California olive oil farm.
2. At another farm wedding (also from Green Wedding Shoes) in British Columbia, Canada (from Green Ginger Photography), hay bales covered in mismatched fabrics serve as guest seating for the ceremony.
3. A sunny backyard wedding in Pennsylvania from Love Me Do Photography, via Green Wedding shoes, covered their hay bales in white and yellow linens to go with the cheerful ribbons lining their aisle.
4. At this Oregon vow renewal from Paige Jones Photography via Style Me Pretty, rustic wooden tables and benches meander through the grassy reception area in one long row.
5. Here's another take on the table-and-bench idea (also from an Oregon wedding!)
from You Look Nice Today Photography via Style Me Pretty. For more casual affairs, you
don't have to be tied to the standard table/chair/linen combo from
6. The bride and groom from this backyard California wedding (captured by Jenny Kim Photo and seen on Green Wedding Shoes) spent six months with a designer to custom-build an amazing triangular dining table with seating for 200.
7. This backyard Ohio wedding (photographed by Heather Waraksa and seen on Style Me Pretty) made creative use of their space with a spiral seating arrangement for the ceremony.
8. Continuing that theme of interconnectedness, the same Ohio wedding linked their tables and chairs through the forested backyard of the bride's parents' property.
(Images: As linked)