Summer is coming to a close and we're expanding our schedule to include more contributors. We're especially seeking candidates interested in how-to tech posts, showcasing Tech Tours and Android users with a keen eye for design. If you've got a natural knack for technology based solutions with an aesthetic eye, then we want to hear from you! Check out the details about how to apply to any of the available positions...
BEFORE RESPONDING, PLEASE READ ALL THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW AND FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR SUBMISSIONS.
• solid photography skills and a good eye for stellar images (very important!)
• a modern digital camera, DSLR preferable (no camera phone or old point and shooters)
• a strong design style sense (no geek clutter!)
• blog-style writing skills, both personal in tone and expedient in delivery (you should have some blogging experience)
• proficient writer with solid grammar/spelling
• a reliable computer and high speed internet connection
• Photoshop, Photoshop Elements or similar photo editing application
• knowledge of how to use all these things confidently
• a friendly and helpful personality
We're looking for new contributors who naturally understand good design is as important to technology as the latest specs. Someone who is good at their own DIY projects, both big and small, and likes to share their knowledge and experiences with readers. Also, we want contributors to have more than proficient photography skills, since images often speak for a thousand words, especially online.
Unplggd focuses on technology as an extension of good design, so if you're known as a person with a keen eye for smart and decor-friendly solutions in the home office, home theater room, outdoor tech projects or anywhere in the house, we'd like to hear from you. It's also a big plus if you happen to be an Android and/or PC user (we've heard your pleas for more varied content)!
We're also specifically looking for occasional speciality contributors who will focus on contributing Tech Tours (inspiring spaces where technology and design are creatively and well incorporated) and How-To projects (tech problem solving) between 1-4x a month. We've heard from many readers they want more Android coverage, so if you're already an avid Android user, this is a big plus.
Regular weekly contributors and specialty post contributor positions are both paid, freelance positions, and it's always great (but not required) if your other gigs are somehow related to the realm of design and/or technology.
To apply, please send the following info to firstname.lastname@example.org with "July 2011 Unplggd Blogger Search" as the subject, along with two sample posts showcasing your unique content (we give extra weight to candidates who take and use their own photos for posts).
Please do not send links to pre-written online content written for another site (this is the number one reason applicants are disqualified); we want to see samples which reflect your understanding and focus for Unplggd specifically:
• Your name and contact information
• Your professional and personal background
• How you first found Unplggd and how long you have been reading our site
• Two (2) complete sample posts; we recommend one post be a "how-to" project, a product review, or a Get This Look, or best of all, a Tech Tour. These can be sent as PDFs, Word docs, or even mocked up online.
We want to be WOWED with your unique voice and awesome photos you've taken yourself. Please submit posts written specifically for Unplggd and not for another blog. Use our archives of past posts as a guideline and style guide and feel free to contact us at the email below.
If you see this post up, we're still accepting applicants. If your submission meets our criteria and you're in the running, we'll contact you ASAP. ANY QUESTIONS? Give us a shout: email@example.com