Are you obsessed with everything tech...but also an aesthete who would never settle for solutions or components that will intrude on your home decor? Are you someone who would like to review the newest gadgets, search all around for the best home tech setups, create DIY solutions and write about all these things daily with thousands of readers every day? We're hoping to find a couple new contributors for our team here at Unplggd who can help our goal to bring the best tech solutions for the beautiful home. Interested? Check out the details below...
Unplggd is looking for 2 freelance bloggers interested in writing about the incorporation of home technology with home decor. Someone who can balance the tech specs with the aesthetic qualities of a home (i.e. hiding component wiring, creating an attractive home office, devising DIY tech solutions, etc).
Responsibilities include posting daily about a variety of topics that include current tech news, how-to's, product reviews, home tech tours, and answering readers' questions.
This is a paid freelance part-time job (2-4 posts required a day). Contributors are paid per post; compensation will be discussed upon consideration.
• experience with blogging/writing online
• up-to-date computer (of course!)
• reliable high speed connection for uploading and downloading files
• a capable digital camera (no camera phones)
• at least a basic understanding of HTML coding and/or Movable Type
• Photoshop or Photoshop Elements
• proficiency with cropping and formatting digital photos
• instant messaging application/Skype
Candidates who have a background in DIY/how-to solutions are particularly desired.
Deadline: July 4th
• Your name
• Where you live
• Why your city should be covered on AT
• How long you have been reading AT/Unplggd
• What you do full time
• 2 sample posts with great pics (good photos are very important!) that would be excellent Unplggd posts - keep it 200 words max. and blog local subjects. Please submit posts written specifically for this and not for another blog. Look to Unplggd for the general style and format of posts for submission.
Send to: gregory (at) apartmenttherapy (dot) com please put "UNPLGGD BLOGGER SEARCH" in the subject header.