With back to school starting relatively soon, pouncing on a few Apple deals may not be that bad of an idea. Here's a few goodies we were able to find.
- Refurbished MacBook 2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/1GB SDRAM/120GB (SKU FB402LL/A) is now $899, which is $200 less than the retail price.
- The price has also been dropped on the refurbished 32G iPod Touch. Originally $499, now $399.
- There's also this Back to School promotion going on until September 15th, where you get a free iPod when you purchase any Mac computer.
The best deal in my opinion is if you grab a brand new Macbook laptop, purchase an 8GB iPod touch or 8GB iPod nano with your Mac to get the $299 mail-in rebate, and use an educational discount to take off a few extra bucks. For the case of the white Macbook, I believe it's about $50 off... it's not much, but it helps. The free iPod can be justified for even more savings if you choose to sell it back on eBay or something. So essentially, you'd be getting a brand new Macbook for about $750 ($1100 - $50 - $300).
Here are the terms and conditions to get the educational prices:
* Faculty or staff members of a public or private higher education institution in the United States
* Students currently attending or accepted into a public or private higher education institution in the United States
* Parents purchasing on behalf of a child who is a student currently attending or accepted into a public or private higher education institution in the United States
* Employees of public or private K-12 institutions in the United States
* School board members who are currently serving as elected or appointed members
* PTA or PTO executives currently serving as elected or appointed officers
* Individuals from qualified homeschools
* Employees of public or private, for-profit or nonprofit preschools