There once was a time when we simply draped a plain piece of fabric across a table and called it good. Then we started experimenting with new-but-old materials, like burlap, and dared to leave the edges frayed. Now we do all sorts of things from bandannas to quilts, but these five table runners take the cake for being unusual, beautiful, and centerpieces in themselves.
1. Add a colorful burst of whimsy to your table with this pretty pinwheel table runner. Green Wedding Shoes has a DIY tutorial here!
2. Garlands are not just for hanging. This green runner was made from bunches of magnolia leaves wired together and left to gracefully drape down the side of the table.
3. This dramatic living succulent runner by Tend (in collaboration with Sugar and Fluff) was designed for a wedding showcase. Swoon!
4. For a simple and rustic tablescape, event designer Sugar and Fluff draped a sheet of moss down the table and accented with natural elements, like twigs and flowers.
5. This Polaroid runner is a brilliant idea for a personal get-together, like a reunion, birthday, or holiday dinner. Simply tape Polaroids (or any old photos) together on the back to create a nostalgic setting.
MORE DIY TABLE RUNNERS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• DIY Jute Table Runner
• A DIY Quilted Table Runner
• 5 No-Sew DIY Table Runner Ideas
(Images: 1. Green Wedding Shoes; 2. White Loft Studio via Style Me Pretty; 3. Tend; 4. Christine Farah Photography; 5. Jen Huang Photography via Occasions Online)