Sometimes it's exciting to take risks, and this is true in decorating as much as anyplace else in life. If you're looking for new ideas on how to fill your walls, we have a few suggestions on how to spice them up with unusual picture hanging arrangements.
1. A fairly homogeneous grouping of artwork is given an interesting spin by hanging each piece from a ribbon above the frame. While there is a relaxed symmetry to the overall arrangement, things are left dangling at different heights and angles.
2. We usually imagine picture walls to spread out over a space that is oriented horizontally. This collection makes use of an awkward expanse through an archway and behind a door by allowing the architectural details to act as a larger frame.
3. Frames are placed above one another suspended by picture wire with visible hook hardware. The overall effect is that viewers see the mechanism by which the art hangs on the wall, and the compositions within the artwork are only a part of what's on display.
4. Unrelated paintings are spaced evenly along an expanse of wall, and the overall effect is more like an organized collage; no one image is more prominent than another.
5. Sepia-toned photographs and ink drawings are arranged vertically alongside another similarly-displayed collection of unassociated objects. The frames sometimes act as support for small decorative pieces.
Images: 1. Pink Pianos; 2. Myndu Interior Design; 3. Coco Målé; 4-5. decorology.