Since we know many of our readers are iPhone and iPad users, we thought it would be worth noting you might want to check both your Software Updates options on your computer and mobile device. Apple released a more stable version of Safari this morning, alongside the much awaited iOS 4.3 with AirPlay video compatibility, faster Safari performance on your iPhone or iPad, HD video out using the Apple Digital AV Adapter, and a Personal Hotspot feature to share cell data with up to 5 devices.
Apple TV OS update includes big news for sports fans who want another reason to leave cable:
- MLB.TV: Watch live and on-demand Major League Baseball games, access stats, scores and standings.
- NBA: See scores and more, plus League Pass Broadband subscribers get live and archived games.
- AirPlay for apps: Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video from apps and Safari on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Netflix Dolby Digital 5.1: Enjoy Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound when watching Netflix movies and TV shows
- New slideshow themes: View photos with the new Scrapbook, Photo Mobile, and Holiday Mobile slideshow themes.
- Improved on-screen keyboard: Search and enter names and passwords more easily with the redesigned on-screen keyboard.