It goes without saying that our House Tour inhabitants are a talented bunch. Collecting and crafting their way to stylish homes isn't easy, yet few things require more time and skill than DIY upholstery. Here are some re-covered gems from our archives — including one even a beginner can do!
• Headboards are a good place to start if branching out into upholstery. Allison even shares a tutorial. Allison's Playful Chinoiserie Modern
• An antique chair gets a splash of ikat in Harper & Caleb's Sophisticated Southern Gem.
• This gorgeous wingback gets a paint job and covered in new Amy Butler fabric, from A Peek Into Sibylle's DIY "Funkytime" Home.
• Jeanine used her upholstery class skills to cover this desk chair with canvas Chinese mail bags. Jeanine's Sun-Filled House
And one project anyone can do:
• This stool from Chris & Roger's DIY + Modern Farmhouse uses an unlikely material: a bathmat! See how you can make your own.
MORE DIY UPHOLSTERY ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Homemade Home: Great Online DIY Upholstery Resources
• A DIY Upholstered Ottoman in 4 Steps
• Life Skills Tip: Take An Upholstery Class
(Images: as linked above)