Remember when we told you about the new magazine Urban Farm? Well, while browsing their site today hoping to download the Spring issue, we came across their list of online resources for all things local and sustainable, including their recommended beekeeping, gardening, and backyard farming blogs. We'll share a sampling of their list, and then YOU can tell us what blogs/websites you read!Here's just a sampling from their list:
Green News & Resources
- The Eat Well Guide: directory of fresh, locally grown and sustainably produced food in the United States and Canada.
- Food Routes: nonprofit organization reintroducing Americans to their food.
- Sustainable Table: celebrating local, sustainable food, providing information about food-related issues and building community through food.
- Added Value: nonprofit organization providing youth empowerment and farm-based learning through a South Brooklyn urban farm.
- Urban Farming: Creating an abundance of food by planting gardens on unused land across the U.S.
- Urban Farming Advocates: individuals, business owners and organizations seeking to legalize urban farming in Los Angeles.
Check out the full list here. What blogs/websites do you read on a daily basis? Tell us below!
Click here for more of our posts on urban homesteading and click here for more posts on backyard farming.
(Image: The Urban Kitchen SF)