You know what gets really old really quickly? Constantly reaching around to the back of your machine plugging in peripherals. But there's good news. There's an easy solution to your reach-and-feel woes: Buy a lazy susan. This dining table staple can help you easily reach behind your all-in-one monitor. And it doesn't have to be as ugly as your mom's lazy susan would have you believe.
We could have waited for you to have a "Eureka!" hacking moment at the Thanksgiving table, but we know that another month of trying to find the Firewire port might kill you.
So instead, here's this hack from Designers Workflow. It's as easy as they come: Rest your iMac on a lazy susan to easily access your ports and wires.
But you don't have to use your mom's creaky plastic 'susan. Go for one that matches your desktop:
- LIGHT WOOD: Go for Ikea's Snudda at $7.99
- DARK WOOD: We like this dark espresso 'susan from Amazon.
- STAINLESS STEEL: Get this compact 10.5" turntable for $14.99.
- STONE: This 12" black slate lazy susan would look great with all types of stone.
- GLASS: This glass 'susan is minimalist and sleek, for $28.