A blow dryer's great for drying and styling your hair, yes, but surely you could put it to work in other ways as well? When it's done making you look fabulous, consider these other uses...
- Take wax off of furniture: melt the wax using the slowest, hottest setting. Remove the wax using a paper towel then wipe off the residue with a clean cloth dipped in a mixture of equal parts vinegar (or vodka) and water. Use the same method to remove crayon marks from the walls.
- Or off candlesticks or small votives: melt the wax slightly and peel it off.
- Blow dust out of hard to reach corners: set your dryer on cool, aim and fire. If the items large and dusty, hang a damp sheet or towel behind it before you point your blowdryer at it. The dust will stick to the damp cloth. You can also use it to blow dust off of delicate objects.
- Remove a photo from an old photo album: Use a warm setting to loosen the glue from sticky photo pages.
- Defrost a freezer (or melt ice anywhere)
- Iron plastic tablecloths or shower curtains: Use warm air to make them wrinkle free.
And for two others, don't forget to check out our previous posts for using a blow dryer to removing labels from bottles, cans or paper and removing the white rings left on your table from hot plates and dishes.
[Image: apdk's flickr, with a Creative Commons License]