If you've ever stumbled your way through a house of mirrors, you know that mirrors are all about optical illusions. Why not use that to your advantage in your small space? Mirrors can help you pull off a few illusions of your own to create a lighter, spacious room.
Mirrors can really add depth to a room when used thoughtfully, so consider these tips when placing mirrors in your space:
1. Make sure that a mirror is hanging at a level to reflect something attractive (not your popcorn ceiling).
2. Try to place a mirror opposite a window to bounce back natural light and to duplicate a pretty view.
3. Use a mirror to balance out an asymmetrical wall and create a faux window.
4. Borrow a favorite trick from the 70's and cover an entire wall with mirrors. Use mirrored tiles or a collection of vintage mirrors to double the size of your room.
5. Layer mirrors. Hang a mirror on a bookcase or lean a mirror on a mantle with smaller artworks overlapping it.
Reader, reader of this site, which mirror gets it right?