- Ronkonkoma, NY
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I love color, so I definitely need no inspiration to go all out. Since this is a dressing room, I wanted something glamorous and fun. I searched for affordable damask wallpaper and I found this one in a great color. I chose the green paint as it's compliment and I'm really happy with the contrast. The light blue ceiling was an afterthought.
- Colors used in my room
- The wallpaper is a printed damask pattern in a wine color. The green is Benjamin Moore Newt Green. The ceiling is Benjamin Moore Ice Blue.
- Tips for using color successfully
- As long as you stay within the same tonal range, you're usually fine. Jewel tones look great with other jewel tones, brights with other brights. I'm also a big fan of looking for an inspiration piece if you're stuck on a scheme. If you find something you love - a throw pillow, blouse, etc. - then you've got a pallet that already is proven to work. Just pick your colors right out of it.
- Moody Romance
Room for Color