Nothing conjures up holiday nostalgia like the iconic advertisements from the 1950s. Here are a few images from that golden era to inspire you for your holiday celebrations :
- It's all about the turkey! Vintage magazine cover from 1956, courtesy of Sharon Becker; used by permission.
- Having a refrigeration center would be really helpful in meal preparation; from retrorenovation.
- Everyone has at least one pyrex dish lying around the kitchen--put yours into service at this year's feast! Pyrex advertisement courtesy of midcenturyliving. Be sure to click on over to see the 1955 Pyrex Thanksgiving Menu!
- Need some appetizer suggestions? See this Ritz Cracker ad for some help, courtesy of goldcountrygirls.
- Don't forget the cocktails--make a vintage Rob Roy, Gin 'N Tonic, or Champagne Cocktail with help from fiftieswedding.com.
- Dreaming of making an "eye-delighting, taste-inviting, glazed Virginia Ham?" Use some PBR--the "finest beer served …anywhere." Advertisement courtesy of Sharon Becker; used by permission.
- And, of course, as Thanksgiving wraps up and Christmas rolls around, don't forget your aluminum tree, from goretro.
- highball glasses $14
- ombre serving set $75
- platter and bowl $32
Bring a little of that spirited decade into your celebrations with some vintage servingware :
And finally, take some hints from this party-planning video from 1950; party mixer games are a must. Hat-making contest, anyone?