"Vintage Modern" shop the White Attic is one of our favorite Chicago stores. They're experts at giving furniture new life through paints, stains, and finishes. When we recently stopped by, we made mental notes of ideas we'd like to try on some pieces in our own home that need a little lift...
posted originally from: AT:Chicago
• We love how this credenza contrasts white paint with natural wood finishes.
• For a storage piece, consider leaving either the frame or the drawers unpainted.
• Pairing neutral furniture with brightly colored accessories kicks a room up a notch.
• Changing out handles or drawer pulls can transform furniture.
• Bring continuity to a collection of mismatched pieces by painting them all the same color(s).
• Painting a small item in a bright color (like this pink table) adds energy to a room.
• Customize a piece by painting the inside and outside in contrasting colors.
• If a table or chair has interesting lines, show them off by painting it one color.
• On the other hand, highlighting molding with thin lines can also look cool.
• For tips on painting and restoring furniture click here, here, here, or here.
Photos: The White Attic