Name: Felix (7 months)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
A little over a year ago we discovered.... that we were going to be three!!! So we set out to make this happy little nursery. Our challenge was to make it happen using things we had and get it done on a small budget...oh, and we started about a month before the baby was due!On December 6th, our sweet boy, Felix David, was born. We named him after our grandfathers. His room, like his name, is filled with meaning and a lot of love. Creating it together made us so happy and watching Felix enjoy it is the best feeling! We hope you like it too!
• Inspiration Point: The best place to start! I found the most beautiful granny square afghan I have ever seen, from a lovely friend. The colors are amazing!
• Paint: Sherwin Williams
• Rug: orange shag, one of the best decisions ever!
• Furniture: We used Phil's furniture from his childhood. It is sturdy, well made furniture and I love that we could reuse it. We painted it glossy white and lime green.
• Rocking Chair: Poang chair, we got on craigslist for a steal
• Crib: this was the only piece of furniture we purchased new from Ikea. The modern design was just right and it did not overwhelm our small space.
• Bedding & Mobiles: made by Poppy & Bean (that's me!)
• Lamps: used existing lamps & recovered our old lampshades with some funky fabric
• Art: one of my best friends surprised us with her amazing original artwork. We will treasure these forever!
• Vintage toys: these were Phil's when he was little!
• Pegboard hippo: was from my Dad's nursery, over 50 years old!
• Frog Shoe Caddy: was found at a thrift store for $2 and I filled it with all Phil's baby shoes
• Vintage fabric: with happy little animals, I purchased from In with the Old at the Clover Market. It became the curtains and cushion for a mini mid century chair we picked up at a thrift store.
Thanks Phil & Colleen! Readers, Colleen also has a vintage-focused Etsy store, Poppy & Bean for you to check out.
(Images: Aileen Bannon)
• MY ROOM ARCHIVE
• SUBMIT A BABY OR KID'S SPACE