We have a few vintage portraits hanging in our home and they are easily one of our favorite types of artwork. A glimpse into the past, an air of mystery, and often, a sweet style of painting make these very easy to work into many different types of rooms and with varied styles of decor - take a peek at our gallery of examples gathered from around the web to see just how great they can look.
Shown above, left to right:
1. Colorful portraits on a dark walls from Chicago Home + Garden.
2. A pair of portraits from Dana's House Tour.
3. Vintage Vignette from Heather's House Tour.
4. The portrait is the pop of color in a gray scale room from Chicago Home + Garden.
5. A portrait coordinates with the bedding color in Sally Wheat's home on Cote de Texas.
6. A single portrait mixed in with a grouping of silhouettes from Chicago Home + Garden.
7. A portrait above the sink from the Apartment Therapy DC post, Strangers Portraits in the Home.
8. Pet portraits from Melissa & Henry's House Tour.
(Images: 1. Janel Laban, 2. Matthew Gilson - Chicago Home + Garden, 3. Heather Spriggs Thompson, 4. Nathan Kirkman - Chicago Home + Garden, 5. Cote de Texas, 6. Matthew Gilson - Chicago Home + Garden, 7. Leah Moss, 8. Melissa and Henry)