There's something about perpetual calendars that's at once comforting and unnerving. Maybe it's the physical representation of time continuing to move forward, in the words of David Byrne, "same as it ever was." When you look at a calendar that's been counting the days for fifty years or more, you really feel the march of time...
This pseudo-philosophical intro might not seem like the best pitch for buying vintage, but the longevity of old objects adds to their complexity. In an piece designed to mark time, we see the continuity between past and present as a plus. Good, long-lasting design has many layers.
• 1 Perpetual Calendar from Sweetshorn, $34
• 2 Perpetual Calendar from Sweetshorn, $38
• 3 Perpetual Desk Calendar from 26 Olive Street, $42
• 4 Perpetual Desk Calendar from This Old House Dress, $14
• 5 50-Year Perpetual Calendar (1980 - 2030) from Modish Vintage, $20
• 6 Gold-Toned Perpetual Calendar from Finding Fabulous, $36
• 7 Tin Perpetual Calendar from Ruby Lane, $25
• 8 Faux Bois Perpetual Desk Calendar from Vintage Avocado, $24
• 9 Wooden Perpetual Calendar from Vintage Suburbia, $16
• 10 Apple Perpetual Calendar Blocks from the Cottage Cheese, $24