We love discovering what Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec have been working on. Their designs are usually refreshing — a modern twist on a traditional idea. A recent collaboration with Japan Brand resulted in the Wajima Collection — home accessories that incorporate traditional Japanese lacquer techniques into modern uses and applications. In this case a desk light, unique lamp and a lunch tray...
• Ronan & Erwan with the Wajima collection — Wajima is an area of Japan known for it's lacquerwork.
• An LED Desk Light, incorporates a tray for items.
• An LED Box light creates a lit vignette for objects and display.
• The lunch tray uses magnets and a unique shape for what is a very traditional use of Japanese lacquer.
The Bouroullec's collaboration with Japan Brand is well documented on the Bouroullec site — the use of traditional manufacturing techniques for modern objects is the most important aspect of this collaboration.
MORE BOUROULLEC BROTHERS
• Vegetal Chair by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
• Workbay Task Chair by the Bouroullec Brothers
• The Slow Chair by The Bouroullec Brothers: My Favorite Armchair of 2008
• Clouds by Ronan and Erwin Bouroullec for Kvadrat
• Steelwood Table by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec