I was having drinks with a (college-aged) friend the other day, when he asked me for the time: without a second thought I checked my watch and gave him the time. He laughed a little and said that I was one of the only people he knew that still wore a watch. As he explained, the fact that everyone carries a cell phone with them at all times renders a watch a useless accessory. Which got me thinking: I don't own a wall clock anywhere in my apartment-- in fact, I don't even own an alarm clock.
When I am in my apartment, I check my stove, microwave, cellphone, TV, or computer if I need to know what time it is. Yet, in a funny way, the fact that I don't really need a clock, made me really want one, which is why I set out to find the perfect watch for my place. I have since found a clock that will work perfectly for me. If you find yourself in my shoes, here is a sampling of ten clocks that I love, and hope you will too.
- £35.00 Karlsson Spider Wall Clock
- $385.00 Nelson Starburst Clock (Multicolor)
- £22 Goodd 12 Clock
- $137.00 Umbra Starburst Clock
- $880.00 Arne Jacobsen Bankers Clock
- $24.00 Retro Kitchen Timer Clock
- $250.OO Alessi Blow Up Clock
- $49.00 West Elm Wood Wall Clock
- $48.00 Baby Owl Clock
- $169.00 Crate & Barrel Talin Wall Clock