In a bedroom with a small footprint, there's often not enough space for a nightstand — but the thought of not having a nightstand? That's a hard piece of furniture to give up. Where else are you going to put the glass of water, the book, the eyeglasses, the pen, the journal, the…ummm…etc.? A good compromise is a wall-mounted nightstand.
- For the show Enough Already, the sleek grey wall-mounted nightstand is The Slice, from CB2
- IKEA's Malm is an inexpensive option. It is made to work with their Malm Headboard. Ehow offers instructions for attaching it directly to the wall.
- We like the rustic quality of The Structured Green Wall Mounted Nightstand. Made from Bamboo ply, it is available at Velocity Art & Design.
- The Wall Mounted Table comes in black as well as light wood and a dark wood and is available from Amazon. No drawer means extra attention to nighttime neatness.
- This IkeaHacker used a toothbrush holder and a basket to keep nighttime necessities nearby.
Trying to solve your small space nightstand issues? Check out the post Small Space Solution: No Space Night Stands
for other options.
Images: Laure Joliet; IKEA, Velocity Art & Design; Amazon; IKEAHacker