Love a good library? You can get the look at home by lining one major wall with books. We've combed the archives for 10 spaces that use a wall of bookcases to provide storage, color, and pattern — it's like working wallpaper.
- John and Tyke wrapped a corner in bookcases to create a cozy reading nook.
- In Roberta's dining room, painted backs make the wall-to-wall shelves stand out.
- In Steve and Sarah's attic apartment, low shelves create a wall of storage.
- Nellie's built-ins provide storage for books, office supplies, and media equipment.
- Joshua and Bethany chose dark shelving for a dramatic look.
- Sameera & Ashish's hallway library incorporates a library ladder to access books.
- Kerri & Luke's dining room is wrapped in built-in shelving.
- Jason Neufeld's Good Book Shelf was a runner-up in last year's Design Showcase.
- Hiroshi Nakamura designed a wall of mixed bookcases for the Shibuya Bookstore.
- Tony and Hilary's studio is made up of low storage against the wall and a "pod" of shelving in the middle of the space.