As for the cheap and eco-friendly aspects... Clark said she paid $3.98 for two pounds. Less than $4 for two people? Hello! That's scrambled eggs or peanut butter sandwich territory. And Clark notes that mussels are considered a "Best Choice" by the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch because they are farmed in an environmentally sustainable way.
For more information on responsible seafood choices, see our post on text messages for safe fish.
Read the article in The New York Times:
• Seafood, Easy and Guilt-Free
• Recipe: Ale-Steamed Mussels with Garlic and Mustard
More mussel recipes from the Kitchn:
• Mussels Steamed in Wine and Served on a Bed of Vegetables
• Linguine with Mussels and Dandelion Greens
• Easy Appetizer: Clams and Mussels on the Grill
Related: How to Clean and Debeard Mussels
posted originally from: TheKitchn