Remember mini notebooks? They never really did take off in the mainstream because of limitations in keyboard size (typing on one was always a task in concentration for us meaty-fingered types) and utility. It seems miniature laptops were never meant to win the hearts of the greater public, but perhaps it was a task better suited for tablets partnered up with an add-on cover and Bluetooth-enabled keyboard accessory like these...
1. The Cooper Kai Skel Apple iPad 2 Keyboard Clamshell Notebook Case: 82 keys with a whopping 55 hour battery and auto Sleep/Wake feature. Users can simultaneous charge both the iPad and this add-on keyboard. And in the looks department, you might be apt to fool a few people into believing you're working on a genuine miniature MacBook, despite the plastic finish. $54.95
2. CruxSKUNK CruxCase: only 6mm thin and constructed with airplane grade anodized aluminum for a MacBook Air-like, this case has 4 modes: laptop, movie, tablet, and carry (closed up). $179.00
3. ClamCase iPad Keyboard Cases & Stands: another higher end finish, construction laptop conversion case, the aluminum with polycarbonite exterior and 360 degree hinge allows the design to convert into a myriad of positions. But the best feature is the sufficiently spaced keyboard keys, so you won't have to spend time re-learning how to type. $169.00
4. Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover: a more streamlined version compared to the other three above, the Logitech Ultrathin is like a muscled up version of the Apple cover, with a similar magnetic clip closure. A ridiculously long 6-month battery life on a full charge (in standby) means the membrane scissor type keys are ready for some longer format typing at the open of the case. $99.99
5. Kensington KeyFolio Expert Multi Angle Folio & Keyboard: angle your laptop...ahem...iPad in a variety of degrees, with a tactile keyboard with keys designed for faster touch typists. All the ports are open for quick connections even with this folio-style case open, with a super soft microfiber interior. $99.99
(Images: as linked above; Gregory Han)