It's the last week of our search to add a few new names and faces to our team here at Apartment Therapy throughout the month (thank you to everyone who applied). We're looking for a special breed who balances a love of technology with a respect for its place within home design: home audio, home automation, home theater, photography equipment/tips, computer productivity, pet and family tech, or home tech tours. Details about how to apply below...
We're looking for 2-3 new bloggers to join our team of daily Tech channel contributors...someone described by friends as the stylish technologist...motivated, self-sufficient, with a strong understanding about the synthesis of home decor with home technology. This is a paid freelance position.
What we're looking for:
- Are you already blogging regularly? You don't have to be a professional writer, but we're looking for writers who can produce content with clarity and a personable (and personal) voice, 2-3x per week.
- We also want someone who has a knack for taking great photos themselves, so no camera phone applicants please. A good camera and an even better eye behind the lens is a prerequisite. Do you know how to use image editing applications like Photoshop? Crop, save for web, curves/levels...basic image editing for web ready use. Photography skills are a major factor, so please include some of your own with your sample posts [below].
- Can you write about a range of topics with a wide variety of readers in mind? Sure, anyone can write about what they personally like or want for themselves, but half the job requires offering solutions outside personal experience or preference. We're looking for problem solvers who can communicate from niche to a wider audience.
- Do aesthetics matter to you? Apartment Therapy aims to share good design and smart solutions, first and foremost, and we're seeking contributors who can balance and integrate technologies with the home.
- Can you write dependably and regularly? Many people want to write about home technology. Not many can write about it day in, day out. If you live, breathe and love home technology and have a terabyte of ideas, we'd love to hear from you! We want people who would be writing about design and technology even if they weren't being paid for it (note: you will be paid per post). Passion matters.
What we want:
Please submit 2 post samples (PDF or Word files recommended): complete with photos sized for our post formats embedded or attached (540 pixels width, saved for web). Recommended post topics: a tech tour, your own how-to, or a product review. Knock us out with your writing and your photography skills!
Please do not send us links to your own website; all submissions with linked writing samples will be ignored.
A brief description about yourself: what do you feel you might bring to Apartment Therapy Tech? We want to know why you might be a good fit, so share those unique tidbits of your personality and background that make you uniquely qualified. Have you created a DIY home theater system hidden inside a vintage stereo cabinet? Hack your Roomba vacuum to clean the room in a pre-set pattern? Or is your home office a glowing example of hiding wires discretely? This is the time to share links to your own projects and let us know more about the person behind the skills.
Please send all applications and samples to Apartment Therapy Tech, with subject header "2013 Apartment Therapy Tech Blogger Submission".
Thanks and good luck!