Dressing a home is sort of like dressing yourself. We like to pile on the layers in winter, adding blankets and throws to the bed, the sofa, and any armchair that seems a little bare.
The homes above take a few different approaches to layering with textiles. Some keep things casual, with a sheepskin or a knit blanket thrown effortlessly across a chair. Others are more rigid, with blankets tucked tightly around the foot of the bed. To see a full tour of the homes shown above, click through the following links.
• 1 Yolande's Off-Duty Props
• 2 Kathleen and Alex's Guest Ready Condo
• 3 Sarah and Steve's Attic Aerie
• 4 A Bright and Beautiful Bungalow from an Ohio Trio
• 5 Lisa and Alex's Craftsman Loft
• 6 Luciano and Marzia's Labor of Love
• 7 Meg and John's Big City Home
• 8 Beth's Family Townhouse
• 9 Beth's Family Townhouse
• 10 Maggie's Delightful Digs
• Instant Decorating: Pillows and Throws
• Cable Knit Throws: High, Low, and DIY
• Colorful Throws: Wool, Cashmere, Cotton, and Silk
Photos: Anastassios Mentis, Sarah Coffey, Amanda Johnson, Regina Yunghans, Janel Laban, Liezel Strauss, Mizrobot