We recently read an article on ZenHabits.com about how to find "Islands of Ease" amid the chaos of life. Many of the tips felt a little too Zen for our lifestyle, but one spoke to us very plainly: "Spend at least 5 minutes each day doing nothing." This manageable, bite-sized task cultivates inner silence in small doses...
We get so tangled up in all the things we need to check off our to-do list, we sometimes forget how taking just a few minutes to sit still can make it much easier to untangle the chaos. If 5 minutes isn't enough, there are other ways to create space for silence throughout the day:
- Turn off the TV when you're not watching it.
- Do the dishes alone, without music or other background noises.
- Schedule a media fast at home.
- Get outside and go on a walk.
- Take some time for a bathtub meditation.
For more, read the full article from ZenHabits: How to Find Islands of Ease in the Chaos of Life. Photo: James and Rui's LVL Home