Bored with your dining room? So you've got a table and chairs in there, a chandelier, maybe a cabinet or sideboard, and... what else? Here are 17 ways to elevate your look.
1. Add a little interest by painting just the lower half of the room.
2. Liven things up with a colorful rug.
3. Play with scale with an oversized lighting fixture.
4. Add some really wild wallpaper.
5. Make room for a low console, with books (or storage) below and objects d' art above.
6. Shake things up a little with some off-center art.
7. Fill a vintage cabinet with vintage barware.
8. Fill one side of your space with a wall-sized mural.
9. Substitute a bench with comfy cushions for chairs on one side of your table.
10. Substitute a wall-mounted swing-armed sconce for a chandelier for a dramatic, modern effect.
11. Paint a series of different chairs in varying shades to create an ombre effect.
12. Paint your ceiling black (or a dramatic color).
13. Opt for a really funky light fixture.
14. Combine a traditional table with modern chairs (or vice versa).
15. Add an oversized piece of art.
16. Forget about matching — mix up those chairs.
17. Or combine the same chair in a rainbow of different hues.