Summer's around the corner and after this wretched winter, I think we can all agree, it's about time! And with summer comes extra gear to make room for. From flip-flops and beach towels to kid and doggy PFDs, here are some clever ways to store these seasonal items.
1. As simple as it gets: basic galvanized hooks mounted on rustic fencing provides a weathered backdrop for tiny bikinis and towels. Apartment Therapy.
2. If you have the space in a bathroom or outdoor shower or entry, a vintage laundry basket holds towels and in this case, a mirror too. Nest Full of Eggs.
3. Simple baskets can wrangle anything from towels to flip-flops to PFDs. Seagrass or natural fibers add a beachy feel. House Beautiful.
4. A clever and handy DIY for those with more flip-flops than shoes in their closet. Epbot.
5. If you have the room, adding hooks to a shaker bench like this not only gives you hanging storage, but a place to sit. Veranda.
6. Another simple DIY, this time for storing wet gear like towels and bathing suits. Using a hanging drying rack and chain, this tucks away when not in use. Place a drip tray underneath to catch water and save your floors. Living the Country Life.
7. For those of you with more bikes and boards than you can count, dedicate one area for your gear and hang them vertically to make the most of space. If you can't leave them outside, this can easily be adapted for indoors (and makes a visually fun arrangement to boot!). Apartment Therapy.
8. I use these stylish baskets to store flip-flops in my home. Check out my DIY inspired by Martha Stewart Living.
9. A metal kitchen rack provides a great way to store and dry everything from wetsuits and snorkeling gear to bathing suits. The astro turf below is both stylish and practical. Apartment Therapy.
10. For those guys I know that have more sunglasses than I have purses, here's a clever way to store them. Here they become wall art and are easy to find when you're on your way out the door. Sköna Hem via Apartment Therapy.
(Image credits: Apartment Therapy; Nest Full of Eggs; House Beautiful; Epbot; Veranda; Living the Country Life; Apartment Therapy; Martha Stewart Living via Apartment Therapy; Apartment Therapy; Skona hem via Apartment Therapy)