You may have grown accustomed to having your earbuds tangled, but there are better ways of storing your earphones without them always ending up in knots. All of these ideas will keep your earphones tangle-free and will probably make them last a bit longer, because earbuds tend to break easily, given the abuse they suffer.
This smart little cover looks like an Apple Smart Cover that's been hit with a shrink ray, but it does more than just protect the back of your iPhone. It will help you keep your earphone cord tidy, and will allow you to mount your iPhone on any magnetically-responsive surface.
2. Sumneeds Tail Line:
This Korean product will protect your earphone jack and will allow you to wrangle your cord at the same time. It comes as a whale, fox, or swan tail.
3. Old Earbud Pouches: We've gone through quite a few earbuds through the years, and some of them came with nice pouches. These pouches make it easy to keep your earbuds safe and untangled.
4. Turning Old Credit Cards into Cord Management Systems:
With a bit of TLC, you can turn any old credit card into a handy way of storing your earbuds. They'll stay tangle-free.
5. Solving the Earbud Tangle the Easy Way:
From DIY suggestions to a couple of smart ideas on how to keep your messy cords nicely separated, this post has some interesting solutions.
MORE ON HEADPHONES & EARPHONES FROM APARTMENT THERAPY:
• DIY Paracord Sleeve to Keep Your Wires Untangled
• The Science Behind Tangled Wires
• Embroidery Floss Keeps Headphone Wires Tangle-Free
(Images: Joelle and Jesse, all others as linked above)