We swear they pipe something into the airducts at The Container Store. We go in there for one thing, our list firmly in hand, and come out with a dozen other things, the list be damned. Here's a few that we are glad made it into our shopping bag the last few times we were there and which are worth putting on your list for the next time you go...
- the ISlice. Easier and safer than a scissor for cutting out articles out from magazines and newspapers. We usually indulge in our magazine habit in bed so we keep one on our nightstand. That it's magnetic only makes it that much easier to keep handy.
- The SimpleHuman Microfiber Mitt. We bought one of these when we splurged on a stainless garbage can. A smidge of water and this and our stainless and chrome polishes right up to a "you can see yourself" shine. Modern kitchens should come with one.
- Shoe Drawers: Yeah, yeah, we're obsessed but with shoes costing more than a tank of gas, can you blame us? We like the athletic drawers for our heels; the sweater drawers for boots. Polaroids to show us what inside? You betcha.
- Clear Top Spice Tins: We've blogged these before, and with good reason. Awesome in the kitchen, where you can see what you're spicing up your food with. Equally awesome in your home office to separate your paperclips from your pushpins and, the tins magnetize to the backs of most medicine chests to hold cotton balls and other small paraphenalia.
- Bamboo Drawer Organizers: Another product that shows of its versatility by finding itself equally at home in the kitchen drawer, separating the forks from the knives, as it is in the bathroom, where it's nice enough to be left out on the counter. Stackable too.
- Mrs. Meyer's Dishingwashing Soap: Hate doing this dishes? Try it sometime using the lavender version of this dish soap and while you may not become a dishwashing fanatic, you will be a lot more zen when they're done. That you'll also have clean dishes will only enchance your bliss.
- Elfa Door and Wall Racks: Elfa's synonymous with The Container Store. With these, our closet doors work as hard as the space they hide. In a variety of finishes. Customizable.
- Cutlery Holder from Gruzzini: Yeah, it's great for separating the forks from the knives for your Sunday brunch party but, shades of Aalto, we like it even better as a vase. And it's stackable. Two and a bunch of flowers and you'll be beating Martha at the floral arranging game.
- Bungee Cords: When the flea market haul of your dreams meets the small car of your reality, a couple of bungee cords will let you haul it home without having to rely on your flaky friend with the SUV. Drive slow, keep your hazards on and stay to the right. You won't lose anything, much to the chagrin of the guy in the next lane over who's waiting for you to drop that credenza you're planning to give the Gregory treatment.