• Watch the short video above
• Read the full post & comment below
• Color Cure Home Page: Signup, Videos & Submission Forms
Welcome to our first ever Color Cure, a very specific spinoff of The Eight-Step Home Cure, which debuted in 2006 and is still going strong. This month I'm going to be providing tips on how to best use color in your home and we're going to all do and share a little work each week in our homes. But I've made it easy for you - I do the work on Monday and you only have to watch! The rest of the week, you can follow along by daily post and email, and then share your experience through commenting and submitting your own pictures. Join us!
This Week's Assignment
Have trouble feeling confident about using color in your home? This week I want you to watch this video to learn a little bit about color families. This is the place to start and, really, it's all about copying the colors that have already been put together by nature, an artist or designer.
In classical art schools, looking closely and copying were the most important first steps and that is totally true when learning to use color in your home. Color groupings or "families", that you find are better than making your own. And you can learn a lot from dissecting those color families that you are drawn to. AND it's easier.
In addition, this week I'll be sharing my own living room and ask you to try applying the tips in the video to your own living room. However, if you want to work on another room, please go ahead. I'm going to work on four different rooms this month, so you will get a sense for how color can work it's way around your home.
"Nothing you do for your home is ever wasted."
• Color Cure Homepage for email sign-up, all posts & submission forms (share with us and we'll post it to help inspire others!)
• Rebecca's Cure: Week Four - Color?
• Rebecca's Cure: Week 15 - Choosing My Wall Color!
• Keep it in the Family: Color Families
• Inspiration: Bouquets as Color Families