• Watch the short video above
• Read the full post & comment below
• Color Cure Home Page: Signup, Videos & Submission Forms
Welcome to week three of our August Color Cure. This week I'm going to introduce you to a third very important lesson about color - the 80/20 rule. This is a big help when you're trying to figure out how MUCH color to use in a room (or anywhere for that matter). The aha moment here is that color is more powerful than most people think, and a little bit goes a long way. So, watch the video above and then experiment with tips in this lesson for the rest of the week. Want to get this in an email as well? Sign up on the Color Cure Home Page.
This Week's Assignment
This week I want you to think about HOW MUCH color is for you. The rule I employ is simple, and the main thing is that you realize that a relatively small amount of well placed color can really, really make a big impact. Don't overdo it!
Now, I also want to address all of you commenters who have given me a little push back on my tips - particularly those who say they're too SIMPLE and not SOPHISTICATED enough. These tips were my own personal first lessons and they are STARTING POINTS not ending points. They are for people who feel uncomfortable about using color and really need some simple ground rules to get them off and running.
Once you fully integrate these lessons and your eye has benefited from understanding how color works up to this level, you can BY ALL MEANS keep going and start to experiment beyond these rules. But when you get into trouble, you will be able to return safely to these starting points.
Enjoy your color!
"Nothing you do for your home is ever wasted."
• Week One: Color Families
• Week Two: Warm and Cool Colors
• Color Cure Homepage for email sign-up, all posts & submission forms (share with us and we'll post it to help inspire others!)
Buy The Book
• Apartment Therapy: The Eight Step Home Cure
• How To Work With Warm & Cool Colors
• Suggest Color Schemes To Work With Orange Sofa Set?
• How Has Your Taste in Color Evolved?
• How To Inject Color Into Living Room?